Start of program:
Winter semester only
22.12. until 31.03.
Notification of Acceptance:
Until 15.04 (through KOPLA only)
Sending Certified Copies:
online upload of documents
Transmission of Admission Letter by the Faculty:
After payment of Administrative Fee
Application for Accommodation:
01.03. until 15.06.
Start of Mandatory Pre-Semester Courses:
Checklist: Admission Requirements
We provide excellent education and we look for excellent students. As a prerequisite for applying, you need
- A bachelor degree in electrical engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 180 ECTS.
- The recognition of the degree / university by the Central Office for Foreign Education Systems (Anabin database).
- An English language certificate.
We do not have a mandatory GPA, as marks alone are hard to compare. Instead, all students will be assessed by our admission board individually. We will check your application in detail and we will scrutinize specifically on your background in Electrical Engineering. There we look at specific sub-fields with special relevance to our master and the major you have chosen.
Working experience as well as relevant trainings are considered beneficial. There is no explicit German language requirement for getting admission. However, German knowledge is considered advantageous for the application. And we will evaluate your motivation, explained in your motivation letter.
The following documents (English or German) are required for the online application:
- An up to date and complete CV following the Europass standard
- A copy of your passport
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor or employer
- Your degree certificate
- Your language certificate (English mandatory, German optional)
- Secondary school certificate
- Statement of intent / Motivation letter
- Transcripts of records
In case you do not yet own a final certificate, a provisional certificate can be provided in the meantime. If you have not finished yet your bachelor degree, you should provide an official letter from your university stating when you will finish your bachelor degree.
Please note, that incomplete or incorrect documents may lead to a disqualification from our program.
It is recommended, although not mandatory, to have all copies of the original documents certified. Translated documents must be certified. The following certifications are accepted from:
- a German representation, or
- a public notar
Applicants are required to qualify in one of the following valid tests of English as a foreign language:
- TOEFL internet based score 88 or better
- IELTS (academic or general) minimum band score 6,5 or better
Language of tuition is not accepted.
The TOEFL certificate may also be sent electronically from the TOEFL institute to the Hochschule Darmstadt. Our TOEFL Institutional Code is 4776, our department code is Electrical Engineering 66.
The Academic Evaluation Center (APS) verifies the documents of applicants who wish to apply for studies in Germany with a Chinese, Vietnamese or Indian school or university degree. Here we have compiled the most imporant information on APS requirement, application.
What is the certificate Evalution Center?
The Academic Evaluation Center (Akademische Prüfstelle, APS) is a service institution of the cultural departments of the German embassies in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). It examines the documents of applicants who wish to apply for studies in Germany with a Chinese, Vietnamese or Indian school or university degree. After successful examination, applicants receive a certificate. This certificate confirms that the documents submitted are genuine and that the academic achievements suffice to study at a German university.
Who needs an APS certificate?
Applicants with an Indian school or university degree.
An APS certificate is not required if your master's entrance qualification (usually a bachelor’s degree) was acquired outside India.
How to apply for the certificate of the Academic Evaluation Center:
- register online on the APS website in New Delhi.
- transfer the processing fee. Information on the amount of the processing fee can be found on the pages of the Academic Evaluation Center responsible for you.
- submit the printed registration confirmation together with a passport photo and the required documents to the APS by post or in person.
- the APS checks your documents. If you meet the admission requirements for a German university, you will be invited for an interview.
- after a successful interview you will receive 10 APS certificates by post.
Further information about the procedure and the necessary documents can be found at the APS New Delhi website.
Do I need to submit the Certificate to the University?
Not for the admission procedure. But we need the dates of your APS-registration when you sent the docs to APS.
Please fill-in this information in our application portal KOPLA.
- go in your dasboard to PERSONAL DATA
- scroll down to ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- fill in the APS Registration Date
- and the date when you sent the documents to APS
- As soon as you get your APS Token, please click the checkbox " I have a valid APS"
Applicants will be selected by the admission board board, based on academic and professional records. As we have around 1500 applications every year, which are evaluated, please carefully understand and follow the rules below:
Apply in time
Please note: we can only consider your application when
- you upload all required documents in pdf properly named
- submit the complete application within the application period
Choose your Program
- Make sure to select the right program and semester
- After submitting your application you can track the status of your application
Apply only for one Major
Only one application for one major per student is allowed. Entering more than one application may lead to a direct disqualification.
Use the Communication Section in KOPLA to communicate with us
- Information is only provided via KOPLA
- No additional mails are being sent
- Make sure to track your status in regular intervals
Checking of documents
Our admission board checks your electronic documents.
It will take a few weeks.
You will be informed as soon as a decision on your application has been taken.
Pay the Administrative Fee
- Once your records have been accepted by the application board, you will have to pay the administrative fee
- Please download the invoice and pay the administrative fee before the deadline
Download your Official Admission Letter from KOPLA
Once the payment reflects on KOPLA, you may download your official admission letter from the portal, which allows you immediately to apply for your visa and funds.
Apply for your Visa and Funds
With your admission letter and the confirmation letter you can directly apply for your visa and your bankloan.